sounds of the underground charity gig …
Ive just been made aware of a charity gig. Check it out, sounds awesome and for a good cause.
A yearly event, held on Sat 6th March, which a DJ friend of mine, Ravaliya is involved with to raise money for different charities each year. Last year was great fun and we raised about £4000.
This year the theme is the London Underground, so come representing an underground station of your choice. The flyer is attached for you to look at and pass on to your friends. It will be a great laugh, and there will be some great music from a live band, some other DJs and Ravaliya will have some live musicians involved in his set (an awesome Swara set for those who know!). The gig will be at Vibe Bar on Bricklane. Tickets are £10, so please get in contact! flyer
Here is where you money will go this year:
Football for Africa
· Football for Africa was set up by a group of football enthusiasts with the simple aim of giving children in some of the poorest parts of Africa the opportunity to play and enjoy the benefits of football.
· Our 2010 project is to raise money for a rural school in Lalibela, Ethiopia, to provide them with a full range of football facilities and equipment.
· Gaura International is a UK registered charity and NGO in India. Our primary base is a home in Vrindavan, India that houses elderly women, single mothers and orphaned children.
· Our 2010 project is to raise money to buy a new generator, fund schooling for all the children and provide medical facilities for the elderly.
· For more info visit the Gaura International Facebook Page. The official website, www.gaurainternational.org is launching soon!