As India celebrates its 64th year of independence, across the world in New York – a pioneering movement and website turns 10.
Today, ETHNOTECHNO.COM celebrates its 10th year online … had it not been for Sankar Sury aka dimmSummer and his vision of bringing asiatic electronica and global beats to the masses … this blog – nada:brahma would never have existed.
I’ve said this many times, ETHNOTECHNO.COM has been, is and always will be a source of inspiration and knowledge for all the music I blog about. All the hardwork and dedication to the scene (both on and offline) has benefited so many people in so many ways!
Sank, thank you for everything from nada:brahma and the readers … may you continue ETHNOTECHNO.COM for another 10years and many more after!
Big Respects to the NYC fam x
Featured on Bobby Friction‘s show last week, heres the #bassPorn mix by ethnotechno.com founder and friend dimmSummer.
A mix packed with enough #bassPunch it’ll knock your ears off … you may need a spare change of undies too 😛
1. Karsh Kale – One Step Beyond [Six Degrees] ::VS:: deadmau5 – One Trick Pony [mau5trap]
2. Nasha Experience -feat. Shahin Badar – Distortion [Nasha Records]
3. Nasha Experience – Clotted Cream [Nasha Records]
4. Shiva Soundsystem – Glitterstep (Sub Swara Remix) [Shiva Soundsystem Recordings]
5. Downlink – Crippled Camel [Rottun Recordings] ::VS:: FILMI – Hinduistics [Patriarch Recordings]
6. Wallpaper. – #STUPiDFACEDD [white]
7. JRabbit – Sexy Party (Terravita Remix) [Play Me Records] ::VS:: Das Racist – Who’s That Brown? [white]
8. Eptic – Fools [Chronos]
9. Foreign Beggars – Scatta (Skrillex Remix) [mau5trap]
10. FS – Touch O Klass [Play Me Records] ::VS:: FS – Shake Dat Ass [High Chai / Patriarch Recordings] ::VS:: Foreign Beggars – Scatta (Skrillex Remix) [mau5trap]
11. M83 – We Own the Sky (Datsik Remix) [white]
12. Alexis K – Somniloquy [High Chai Recordings]
13. Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (Trolley Snatcha Remix) [Mercury Records]
14. FILMI – Hinduistics (FS Remix) [High Chai / Patriarch Recordings]
15. Nucleya – In My Heart [High Chai Recordings]
16. Kito feat. Reija Lee – Sweet Talk [Mad Decent]
17. Nucleya – Kandit Nayaka (Piyush Bhatnagar Remix) [High Chai Recordings]
Reminder: dimmSummer presents: SUBcontinentalBass is out 5th May 2011
To all BASS-JEDIs … Landing on 5th of May is an epic compilation album on High Chai Recordings SUBcontinentalBASS. Combining 14 insane inter-galactic adventures striking the perfect balance between western grit and melodic eastern influence.
Following in the footsteps of High Chai’s signature ground-breaking compilations over the years, dimmSummer recruits ace talent from across the globe to craft exclusive material for this new offering covering dubstep, tropical, drumstep, & reggae.
“With another killa release, High Chai Recordings is well on its way to having its own distinctive musical language !!” Pathaan (Globetronica, BBC)
Included are bass music superstars that High Chai first broke onto the Beatport charts: FS (#4 Dec. 2010), B.R.E.E.D, Piyush Bhatnagar, Radiohiro, Alexis K, Nuphlo & Goonda, along with a fresh crop of upcoming talent sure to make bassbins rumble.
Listen to the sample mix below, I assure you this is going to be one album you simply cannot do without this year!! …
- Naz :: Saawariya
- Liquid Stranger :: Fist of Fury
- FILMI :: Hinduistics (FS Remix)
- Dubfi Soundsystem feat. Radiohiro and MC ZULU :: Make It Happen
- Nucleya :: In My Heart
- Subatomic Sound System & Nomadic Wax :: NYC-2-India -feat. Delhi Sultanate
- Sabbo :: Come to Me
- Kush Arora :: Time Runner -feat. Shamik
- B.R.E.E.D :: Gravid
- Nuphlo :: Soul Safari
- Piyush Bhatnagar :: Rhapsody
- Ketz – Yaadein -feat. Rita Morar
- dimmSummer :: dreadSpace
- Alexis K :: Somniloquy
Hey people, I’ve written a review on Kaya Project‘s Desert Phase Remixes featured on Ethnotechno.com. For me, personally, this is a big thing. When I first got into asian/indian/eastern/ethno electronica at uni back in the early 2000’s, this site was (and still is) my go to place. It has the latest news, reviews and interviews not forgetting an innovative radio station.
Read the full review here: Kaya Project :: Desert Phase Remixes
Kaya Project – Calico Stomp (Gaudi Remix)
Kaya Project – When Only Sand Remains (Tripswitch Remix)
Kaya Project – Dust Devil (Liquid Stranger’s Cortex Vortex Remix)
This release marks the return of FS (of MING+FS). Partnering up with High Chai / Patriarch Recordings, FS delivers his signature style dance music smashed with dubstep providing the listener with an electro-glitch-ridden head banger – floor stomper of a track.
Hailing from Brooklyn, FS is a respected hip hop producer and a highly sought-after remixer who has worked with Coolio, Brandy, and Channel Live of the KRS-One Posse.
Merry Christmas people!
I’ve got a round up of what I consider to be the top tracks of 2010 (in no particular order). So enough of the chit chat from me and on with the show.
Aeroplane Dope & D-Skillz featuring Raggo Blunt – Pinky Finger (Piyush Bhatnagar Remix)
Akala – Yours and My Children
Anuj Rastogi (Omnesia) – The Dark Knight – Why So Serious (Indian DubStep Remix)
Aref Durvesh + Xfile (xfile remix) – Cloudsurfing dubrub remix
Awake (karsh kale’s morning remix)
Bandish Projekt – Brown Skin Beauty (Liquid Stranger Remix)
Barbouze – Otto Matic Rumble Mix
Bass Flo – Mount Everest
Bonita Applebum – Why Can’t Love
Clare Maguire – Ain’t Nobody (breakage remix)
Daft Punk – Derezzed (from TRON: Legacy)
Dimm Summer – Rubstep – slow burn mix
Engine-Earz Experiment (Feat. Lena Cullen) – Reach You
FILMI – Technicolor
Gaudi – Bad Boy Bass (Piyush Bhatnagar Remix)
Jalebee Cartel – Mirrors (Breed Remix)
Karsh Kale & Midival Punditz – Girl Fight (Enter the Dragon)
Kaya Project – When Only Sand Remains (Tripswitch Remix)
Lal Meri – Lal Meri (Bombay Dub Orchestra Remix)
Mirko Kosmos – Light Warrior
My Pet Dragon – Flow (Karsh Kale’s Way Of The Dragon Mix)
Phaeleh – Afterglow (feat. Soundmouse)
Rita Morar & Steve Carty – Rain (Piyush Bhatnagar Remix)
Shaa’ir & Func – Every time You’re Around
Shammi Pithia – The Seeker
Sub Swara – Bend You
Sukh Knight – Gabba Wasp
The Nasha Experience – REDZONE
Bob Marley – Waiting in Vain (Susheela Raman and Karsh Kale Version)
Amal Lad – Once Upon a Time in London
2011 Favourited already:
Generation Bass Presents Transnational Dubstep Compilation
Tuesday was an momentous occasion … why? well its in the title 🙂
Shiva Soundsystem’s Nerm Chauhan and D-Code were back on the BBC, taking over the air waves once more. This time on BBC1 covering for Nihal.
t’Was a jam packed mother of a show Listen to it here – but only for a few more days
Two awesome mixes caught the attention of my ears, the first one by dimmSummer of Ethnotechno & HighChaiRecordings featuring 15 tracks in 5 mins … let those piece of cartilage hanging off your head soak up the vibez
dimmSummer BBC Radio1 MEGAMIX