From High Chai Recordings:
Following B.R.E.E.D’s remix of Jalebee Cartel’s “Mirrors” race to number 10 on Beatport’s Top 100 Dubstep charts in January 2010, B.R.E.E.D returns with his 4 track EP on High Chai Recordings. Mashing up dubstep influences at varying tempos with old skool rave references and plenty of dance floor fun, B.R.E.E.D’s new EP INCU-BASS is sure to get people jumping. Choose between the face-pounding drumstep of “Guttersnipe,” the off kilter alien-step of “Low Rider,” the epically orchestral “Scheme Of Strings” or the crunching dubstep of “The Wicked Story.”
B.R.E.E.D also did a mix for our friends out in Delhi – TheWildCity.com … heres the free download:
Wild City #004 – B.R.E.E.D …..
Dubstep / DnB / Electro & Breakbeat producer ShwoN makes is blazin debut on High Chai Recordings with Ghengiz ShwoN. This 20 year old dj/producer from L.A. seamlessly blends influences of heavy metal, new and old school hip-hop and EDM appealing to a wide variety of music lovers around the world.
ShwoN‘s fresh EP – released on Aug 30th 2011, kicks off with the infectious Drumstep jumper “Take Me Back” followed by the cheeky, dark comedy Dubstep stylings of “Porkchop Sandwiches,” both sure to gain favor amongst bass djs. “Rage” closes out the EP with a cinematic zombie shuffle that would serve well as the background score to any of the Resident Evil video games.
As India celebrates its 64th year of independence, across the world in New York – a pioneering movement and website turns 10.
Today, ETHNOTECHNO.COM celebrates its 10th year online … had it not been for Sankar Sury aka dimmSummer and his vision of bringing asiatic electronica and global beats to the masses … this blog – nada:brahma would never have existed.
I’ve said this many times, ETHNOTECHNO.COM has been, is and always will be a source of inspiration and knowledge for all the music I blog about. All the hardwork and dedication to the scene (both on and offline) has benefited so many people in so many ways!
Sank, thank you for everything from nada:brahma and the readers … may you continue ETHNOTECHNO.COM for another 10years and many more after!
Big Respects to the NYC fam x
Featured on Bobby Friction‘s show last week, heres the #bassPorn mix by ethnotechno.com founder and friend dimmSummer.
A mix packed with enough #bassPunch it’ll knock your ears off … you may need a spare change of undies too 😛
1. Karsh Kale – One Step Beyond [Six Degrees] ::VS:: deadmau5 – One Trick Pony [mau5trap]
2. Nasha Experience -feat. Shahin Badar – Distortion [Nasha Records]
3. Nasha Experience – Clotted Cream [Nasha Records]
4. Shiva Soundsystem – Glitterstep (Sub Swara Remix) [Shiva Soundsystem Recordings]
5. Downlink – Crippled Camel [Rottun Recordings] ::VS:: FILMI – Hinduistics [Patriarch Recordings]
6. Wallpaper. – #STUPiDFACEDD [white]
7. JRabbit – Sexy Party (Terravita Remix) [Play Me Records] ::VS:: Das Racist – Who’s That Brown? [white]
8. Eptic – Fools [Chronos]
9. Foreign Beggars – Scatta (Skrillex Remix) [mau5trap]
10. FS – Touch O Klass [Play Me Records] ::VS:: FS – Shake Dat Ass [High Chai / Patriarch Recordings] ::VS:: Foreign Beggars – Scatta (Skrillex Remix) [mau5trap]
11. M83 – We Own the Sky (Datsik Remix) [white]
12. Alexis K – Somniloquy [High Chai Recordings]
13. Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey – Blind Faith (Trolley Snatcha Remix) [Mercury Records]
14. FILMI – Hinduistics (FS Remix) [High Chai / Patriarch Recordings]
15. Nucleya – In My Heart [High Chai Recordings]
16. Kito feat. Reija Lee – Sweet Talk [Mad Decent]
17. Nucleya – Kandit Nayaka (Piyush Bhatnagar Remix) [High Chai Recordings]
Reminder: dimmSummer presents: SUBcontinentalBass is out 5th May 2011
This release marks the return of FS (of MING+FS). Partnering up with High Chai / Patriarch Recordings, FS delivers his signature style dance music smashed with dubstep providing the listener with an electro-glitch-ridden head banger – floor stomper of a track.
Hailing from Brooklyn, FS is a respected hip hop producer and a highly sought-after remixer who has worked with Coolio, Brandy, and Channel Live of the KRS-One Posse.
I’m not going lie, its been a pretty exciting week … It was kicked off by the guy who I blogged earlier this month … B.R.E.E.D.
Monday 26th saw the release of his new EP on High Chai Recordings exclusively available on Beatport.
I’m super excited about this release as its the beginning of something awesome … watch out for more good vibes from this fella!
Making it to Beatport Main page!
GOONDA Third World Radio houses an underlying sonic foundation laid by DK and Cenzo. Listen to how they fabricate and fashion a whole host of indigenous sounds.
Here are the four lucky winners:
1) Gauri Sunaina Nechel
2) Miten Kana
3) Danish Iqbal
4) Vikesh Vadukar
Congratulations to you all, I’ll be in contact with you soon!
If you missed your chance – do not worry at all, I’ll for sure be holding more competitions!!