GIG ALERT // engine earz @ shaanti [11.11.11]
On 11.11.11 SHAANTI [Birmingham] is back after the last successful one.
This month ENGINE EARZ – best described as ‘Massive Attack for the dubstep generation;’ dubstep’s first fully live act are winning an assorted army of fans will be doing a DJ set at the Rainbow Warehouse and Garden in Birmingham.
Joining ENGINE EARZ will be SONNYJI (BBC Asian Network), JUTTLA, BUPS SAGGU, SUNNY MANDEZ, EMPATHY, BEATROOT SOUNDSYSTEM and MANGA. A fantastic line up!
Shaanti, Friday 11 November 2011 (Monthly).
The Rainbow Warehouse, Adderley Street
Birmingham. West Midlands. B12 0LD
Price £5 students (NUS) all night, non-students £8 all night.
Advance Tickets: www.theticketsellers.co.uk
Twitter: Shaanti 11 BBM: 22190F01
e: email@example.com t: 07968366878 w: www.shaanti.co.uk
Shaanti 11: Eastern Electronic Festival 2011
Folks! Some awesome news for you … I am please to inform you that the first ever festival of progressive asian music in Birmingham will taking place.
On 28 February – 5 March 2011, Shaanti 11 a non-profit organisation launches the Eastern Electronic Festival, a major new arts festival. The six day festival is packed full of film and music offerings including an explosive citywide music programme, art exhibitions, panel debates and world premieres of visual-artworks at various venues across Birmingham.
The Eastern Electronic Festival uniquely programs ambitious and high quality line-ups featuring plenty of electronic visual experimentation with quality music performances by British Asian artists, both locally and overseas, and from traditional to contemporary exploration.
Travels of a Asian Rock-Star- Exclusive Artwork by SKA for the Festival
The festival commemorates and introduces some of the artists of the future in the West Midlands and international arenas with its own unique bill, which will also include some surprising acts and exceptional performances of the highest quality. Throughout the festival UK artists also come together to begin the process of creating new collaborative work across special designed events.
There is an ALMIGHTY line up for this event names include:
EASTERN ELECTRONIC FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- Drum ‘n’ Bass producer from East London Sukh Knight,
- Rapper V-Don,
- Ranvir Verma from Universal Taal Project,
- Bhupinder (Violinist),
- Kamaljeet Ajimal (Santoor- Indian stringed musical instrument),
- Greg Rowlson (Drums),
- Sanchita Farruque,
- Swati Naketar,
- Midlands-based producer Juttla,
- Nona Kaira (Singer),
- Righ Rolla (Drums),
- Sticky Fingers (Tabla),
- International contemporary dancer Nanoo,
- Former Asian Dub Foundation member Pandit G presents A.G.N.I – Angry Generations Needs Inspiration,
- Midland’s guitar based band Khaliq,
- Folk/Electronica & Drum and Bass band Neeta,
- Shammi Pithia & Flux whose hybrid of sounds includes Western and Indian Classical/Folk, Jazz, popular and urban music.
- Ministry of Dhol,
- Panjabi By Nature,
- Saxophone player Trav ‘saXingh’ Panesar
- Featuring work by film director Mandeep Singh Juttla,
- Live-music photographer Gobinder Jhitta,
- VJ-Visual artists Coco Edwards,
- Contemporary conceptual artist Kulwinder Bajar.
- Multi-instrumentalist Renu Hossain,
- Bhangra Singer Regi,
- Jazz artists Nishad and vocalist and songwriter Sonia Panesar,
- Hindi vocalist Rita Morar,
- Sitar player Kiranjit Dharni
- DJ Chann
- FREE ARTWORK GIVEWAY: TRAVELS OF AN ASIAN ROCKSTAR
Closer to the time I will be updating you with the events in date order with details of venues times and all that jazz. For the time being check out the facebook group with will give you the information you need.
For more information on the Eastern Electronic Festival, event prices, line-up and announcements, visit www.easternelectronicfestival.co.uk
28 Feb – 3 March FREE. Avoid Queues by Pre-booking your place by email firstname.lastname@example.org or txt 07968 260276.
Friday 4 February (The Factory, Space 2), £10.00 Advance Tickets, More at the door.
Saturday 5 February (The Hockley), £10, 00, More at the Door.
Weekend Golden Ticket £18.00, Entry for Friday 4 March – Space 2, The Factory & Saturday 5 March – The Hockley.
ONLINE TICKETS: www.theticketsellers.co.uk 0844 870 0000 and www.chillitickets.com 0871 855 30 69 and at various venues across the West Midlands.
FURTHER INFO: (e) email@example.com (t) 07968260276/ 07968 366878 www.easternelectronicfestival.co.uk